Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Play Dough Fun

I've been cooking up a lot of fun this summer in preparation for the coming school year.  Yesterday I borrowed a fabulous recipe from the Domestic Superhero to cook up some truly superb play dough!  It was simple and very successful.


I am a strong believer in the power of play to stimulate speech and language development.  FUN is a facilitator for growth.  In his book, Engaging Autism, Stanley Greenspan states that emotion and affect are essential for language acquisition and use.  So let's create fun and functional experiences for our little ones.



For my play dough activities, I created the following communication boards using the Custom Boards app to encourage receptive and expressive language growth.




These boards can be used when teaching vocabulary (understanding and use of common verbs and adjectives), practicing following verbal commands, and improving expressive sentence structure.  I also plan to use this for my upcoming Dinosaur Unit (stay tuned).

Thanks for stopping by:)




No comments:

Post a Comment