Monday, July 29, 2013

Welcome

Hi there,

Thank you for stopping by my brand new blog.  After a year of avid SLP blog reading, I have finally decided to share my thoughts and ideas with all of you.  I have just completed my third year as a speech language pathologist in the public school and private practice setting.  It has been an exciting and challenging journey.  During the past few years I have enjoyed exploring my passion for creating and implementing fun and interactive speech and language activities with preschool and school aged children.

                                  
   
My intention in creating this blog is to help bridge the gap between the SLP and the parent.  It is my belief that a child's parent is his or her #1 and most influential communication partner.  This means that we must all work together to help promote growth within our children and students who are struggling to develop speech and/or language appropriately.

In this blog, I will share my ideas along with research that supports practical and evidence-based interventions.  I will also provide any materials or specific activities that I am currently using and have found to be motivating, successful, and FUN for my students.

Given my love for cooking, canning, and EATING, I will try to provide a "recipe card" for each activity, listing the essential ingredients (or materials) and step-by-step directions.  These activities will be found throughout the blog as well as in the specific pages above.  Feel free to peruse these posts and share any questions or comments.

Thanks again for visiting,


Heather

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! We're glad you're here! :)

    Carissa
    Home Sweet Speech Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am super excited to begin this little journey:)

      Delete